[ATTW-L] Director of Design Thinking at Elon University

Rebecca Pope-Ruark rpr.elon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:51:28 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,
(Forgive cross-postings) Elon University in central North Carolina is
hiring a director for our campus-wide design thinking initiative. This is a
faculty position with appropriate rank  and teaching responsibilities (2-3
per year). The director will run our nascent Center for Design Thinking,
work with faculty and staff throughout campus to teach and integrate design
thinking practices, conduct research and assessment, and support faculty
teaching and learning initiatives in this area (like the Design Thinking
Studio in Social Innovation immersive semester). Experience working with
STEM courses and faculty a plus.

Elon is a great place to work with supportive colleagues, engaged students,
and innovative strategic planning. Our campus is a designated botanical
garden, and we are also located three hours from the beach and ~3 hours to
the mountains if you like those things.

You can direct questions about the position to Tim Peeples, Associate
Provost, at peeples at elon.edu. Full ad is here
https://www.elon.edu/facultyemployment/openings

Feel free to share widely and across disciplines if you know anyone who
might be interested and a good fit.

Best,
Rebecca

--
Rebecca Pope-Ruark
Associate Professor of English/Professional Writing and Rhetoric