[ATTW-L] Assistant Professor of English/Technical Communication--Missouri Western State University

Kaye Adkins kadkinsphd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:37:29 UTC 2018

We have reopened our search for a tenure-track Assistant Professor. This
faculty member would be teaching technical communication courses at the
undergraduate and master's level. Some of the master's courses are on line.
First-year composition would also be a part of their regular load. (That's
pretty much the case for all of our English faculty.)

We are a regional, open-admissions state university that emphasizes
teaching, although research and service are expected. (For tenure, you need
to be active in your field--presenting at conferences regularly and
publishing at least three articles in peer-reviewed journals. Your teaching
evaluations also need to be strong.)

I've attached the job announcement. We are interviewing good candidates as
their applications come in, and we'll continue the search until the
position is filled.

Saint Joseph is growing, with a revitalizing downtown, a newly elected
progressive city commission, and an active music scene. The cost of living
is low. (You can get a good, three-bedroom house here for under $200,000.)
And we're only 45 minutes from Kansas City.

Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested and qualified. And
feel free to email me at kadkins at missouriwestern.edu with any questions.

Thanks,
Kaye Adkins

--
Less may be more, but you can't do more with less.