[ATTW-L] Autoethnography recommendations?

Kaye Adkins kadkinsphd at gmail.com
Wed May 16 23:39:08 UTC 2018

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about the student
paper--and whether it was worth pursuing. It looks like we'll be working on
it for submission to Xchanges.

I'm not sure why the term autoethnography didn't occur to me at the
time--probably grading overload. I'd welcome recommendations for one or two
good readings--books or articles--for this student. Maybe something about
the methodology and a good example. I don't think I mentioned this in my
earlier email, but here's what the student attempted: She works in an
office and used her experiences in her workplace as a way to
illuminate/reflect on politeness theory. So any suggestions that address
autoethnography in the workplace would be especially appreciated.

Thank you again,

Kaye Adkins

--
Less may be more, but you can't do more with less.