[ATTW-L] TT Job Opportunity in Rhet/Comp at U of Missouri, Kansas City--Application Review Begins Next Week

Greer, Jane GreerJ at umkc.edu
Tue Nov 20 14:11:33 UTC 2018

Hi All,
   Just wanted to send a reminder that my colleagues and I here in Kansas City are looking forward to welcoming a new rhet/comp colleague to our campus community next year.  The deadline for applications is Monday, November 26!  Please don't hesitate to be in touch if I can answer any questions for you about the position, about UMKC, or about Kansas City.

All Best,
Jane

Jane Greer
Director of Undergraduate Research &
Professor of English and Women’s & Gender Studies
University of Missouri, Kansas City
816.235.2764, ext. 8

Preferred Pronouns:  she/her/hers

U of Missouri, Kansas City, English Department Job Ad, Fall 2018

Assistant Professor of English (Tenure-Track), Rhetoric/Composition with a specialization in one
or more of the following areas: Digital Rhetorics/Multi-Modal Composing; Technical and
Professional Writing; or Medical Writing or Bioinformatics Communication. The successful
candidate will join the departmental rotation to serve as director of composition and provide
leadership around writing in the department and in the university. A PhD in rhetoric and
composition, technical communication, or closely related field is required by the time of
appointment.

UMKC is an urban research university that serves a diverse student population, and the English
Department has long-standing collaborations with programs in Black Studies; Latinx Studies;
and Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. The ideal candidate would be able to contribute
to these programs. The department also participates in a robust interdisciplinary PhD program.

Application Instructions: Applications are accepted via online submission only. To apply, please
go to the UMKC job postings website: https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/academic-positions/.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, unofficial transcripts, and a writing sample in one combined
PDF document.

Candidates should ask three references to send letters of recommendation directly to the
UMKC English department, Attn: Audrey Lester, lesterak at umkc.edu (via email) or 5121
Rockhill Road, Cockefair Hall, 106, Kansas City, MO 64110 (via mail).

Review of applications will begin on November 26, and will continue until the position is filled.
This hire is contingent on final budgetary approval.

UMKC is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed
to achieving a diverse faculty and staff.