[ATTW-L] TT assistant professor in Prof/Tech Writing at WVU

Brian Ballentine Brian.Ballentine at mail.wvu.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:07:55 UTC 2018

We are pleased to announce our search for a new colleague to join us in the Department of English at West Virginia University. The ad is below and if you have questions please email me at: brian.ballentine at mail.wvu.edu

Brian Ballentine

Professor and Chair

Department of English

West Virginia University

Morgantown, WV 26056

Assistant Professor in Professional and Technical Writing, Department of English
Job Number: 09840

The Department of English at West Virginia University seeks a tenure-track assistant professor in professional and technical writing, starting August 2019. We have established writing programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and we seek a scholar and teacher eager to help us expand our programs. The Department of English offers an undergraduate minor and concentration along with an M.A. in Professional Writing & Editing. We are interested in a candidate who can enhance our focus on professional/technical writing, editing, multimedia composition, and/or rhetorical theory. As a research faculty member, this candidate will also contribute to our graduate-level focus on rhetorical theory. The teaching load is 2–2 with teaching opportunities at the graduate and undergraduate levels. We require a doctoral degree in technical and professional communication or related field in hand by August 15, 2019; strong evidence of a productive research agenda; demonstrated potential for teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels; and an ability to teach with technology.  Candidates also will be evaluated in terms of their interest in grant writing and/or interdisciplinary work.

REVIEW DATE. We will begin reviewing applications October 1st and will accept applications until the position is filled. We will acknowledge all applications and plan to conduct initial interviews via Skype or phone.

APPLICATION. To apply, please visit https://careers.wvu.edu<https://careers.wvu.edu/> and navigate to the position title listed above.  Upload a cover letter and C.V. Please have three letters of recommendation sent directly to Kelly Johnson at:kjohnso2 at mail.wvu.edu<mailto:kjohnso2 at mail.wvu.edu>.  For more information, please visit our website:http://english.wvu.edu<http://english.wvu.edu/>.  Additional questions can be sent tobrian.ballentine at mail.wvu.edu<mailto:brian.ballentine at mail.wvu.edu>.

WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.