[ATTW-L] Position announcement

William M Keith wmkeith at uwm.edu
Mon Sep 17 16:30:13 UTC 2018

Professional Writing, Rhetoric and Composition: Open Rank and Assistant Professor (2 positions)
The English Department at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee seeks two accomplished scholars who can contribute to our undergraduate and MA programs in Rhetoric and Professional Writing, and PhD program in Public Rhetorics and Community Engagement. Our new, innovative PhD combines expertise across Rhetoric, Composition, Professional Writing, Technical Communication, and Community Engagement from our current programs in Rhetoric and Composition and Technical and Professional Writing. We will welcome our first cohort for the PhD in Public Rhetorics and Community Engagement in Fall 2019 and are looking for two scholars, one at Assistant and the other at Open rank, who are invested in working with local communities and mentoring students in a large metropolitan area. Regular teaching assignment is two courses per semester. Candidates may eventually rotate into the role of administering our first-year composition program, which was awarded the CCCC Writing Program Certificate of Excellence. Competitive salary and benefits. Initial interviews via phone or Skype.

Required qualifications: PhD in Rhetoric and Composition, Professional Writing, Technical Communication, or related field. Applicants at the Assistant level must have the Ph.D. completed by August 2019.

Preferred qualifications: Record of peer-reviewed publication and/or scholarly achievement in one or more of the following areas: digital rhetorics/new media, community writing/literacies, public rhetorics, technical and professional communication, cultural studies, writing program administration; experience teaching using internships, service learning, or other academic community engagement.

Please provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, writing sample (no more than 30 pages), and names and three letters of reference. Applications must be made at https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/27948

Applications will be considered beginning November 1, 2018 until the position is filled.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact

William Keith
Professor, Department of English
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
wmkeith at uwm.edu<mailto:wmkeith at uwm.edu>