[ATTW-L] Survey for study as part of conference presentation

Lopez, Dina Dina.Lopez at ttu.edu
Wed Apr 10 17:27:16 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues:

This summer I will make a presentation  to the Council of Writing Program Administrators Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. The conference theme is "More Seats at the Table." My proposal, a  study on giving student agency and affordances a seat at the table in writing studies, and I  request your help.

The following survey inquires what students would like to learn in writing studies at the post-secondary level. I seek to understand how students consider their preparation for college writing in the area of grammar and syntax knowledge and whether they consider this knowledge of formalism important to their major or area of research. I try to situate this understanding at a time of change in how college writing is produced, given the growing trend of multi-modal writing (Shipka, 2011, p. 9).

To invite your students to participate, you can forward them this link: https://dinalopez.typeform.com/to/RzfFlp
This survey, which will take approximately two to five minutes to complete, received IRB approval from Texas Tech University on April 10, 2019. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at dina.lopez at ttu.edu

Thank you for your assistance at a very busy time of the year.

Sincerely,

Dina Lopez

Master of Arts Candidate in Technical Communication

Graduate Assistant, Texas Tech K-12 Unit

Texas Tech University

[cid:de3dd771-98be-439b-911d-6fe7e18d9a4e]