[ATTW-L] TT Position in Tech Comm/UT-Arlington Deadline April 19th

Beck, Estee estee.beck at uta.edu
Mon Apr 15 15:27:46 UTC 2019

The deadline for this position closes this Friday, April 19th. Below is additional information about the job.

The English department at The University of Texas at Arlington, a Carnegie classified very high research activity and HSI-designated comprehensive university, will conduct a TT assistant professor of technical writing and professional communication search for a Fall 2019 start date.

We’re looking for a diverse candidate pool of technical communication researchers and scholars whose research trajectory informs their teaching practices in undergraduate and graduate tech comm courses, and who also have experience or promise of teaching a diverse student population. We are looking for someone who does have tech comm experience reflected in their research with conference presentations or publications (if already available) in tech comm venues (or the promise of publishing in these venues).

The job ad does list several research/interest/experience areas due to the number of strategic areas available from offering a graduate-level technical writing across the disciplines course to international students in multiple disciplines across campus; supporting and developing courses supporting the Accelerated Online Introduction to Technical Writing course that enrolls approximately 7,000-8,000 students each calendar year through multiple five-week course offerings for Nursing students; curriculum development and growth of the technical writing and professional communication minor and certificate programs; and, collaborating with faculty within existing research clusters within the department from the scholarship of teaching and learning and posthumanism or with faculty whose research and teaching aligns with medical humanities, multicultural literature, and making.

UT-Arlington is located in the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States, in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington metroplex. Additionally, the university has the 5th most diverse undergraduate student population in the US.

Because of the late-stage and expedited nature of this search, I want to assure people that there is not an internal candidate.

As search chair, I am happy to answer questions about the position, department, university, and North Texas.

Here’s the link to the job ad: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/8761

Thanks, Estee

Estee Beck, PhD
Assistant Professor of Professional and Technical Writing/Digital Humanities
Coordinator of Technical Writing and Professional Communication
Department of English | The University of Texas at Arlington