[ATTW-L] TC versus Industry research

Anderson, Paul anderspv at miamioh.edu
Mon Aug 26 15:08:30 UTC 2019

Great project, Abby.

Susan Conrad's book is especially helpful because it focuses on writing in
one field. For other fields, the comparisons would look quite different.
Computer science and systems engineering, for example. For some fields,
professors know a great deal about writing in the workplace, so there can
be some convergence. In others, some instructors move from their doctoral
work directly to academic positions and don't know workplace practices.

Whether you focus on one field, a set of cognate fields, or more generally,
you work is sure to be valuable.

Best wishes,
Paul

Paul Anderson