[ATTW-L] Writing courses in/for the health professions?

Raymond Boxman boxman at tauex.tau.ac.il
Fri Feb 15 09:37:29 UTC 2019

Dear Michael and Barbara,

Well, since there are now two requests, I’ll send my reply to the list:

I don’t have a direct answer to Michael’s request, but we are preparing an edition of our text book Communicating Science: a practical guide for engineers and physical scientists (https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/10145) for biological and medical researchers. I hope this edition will be available in about a year. Both versions focus on genres needed by graduate students and researchers, in particular research reports (theses, journal papers), conference presentations, and research proposals. There will only be slight differences in the text, as the writing conventions are almost identical over a wide range of scientific fields. The main difference will be the selection of extensive examples. A syllabus/lesson plan outline for a full semester course based on the text may be found at:
https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/suppl/10.1142/10145/suppl_file/10145_scientific%20writing%20course%20outline_free.pdf

Hope this helps a bit!

Regards,
Ray Boxman

From the home of:
Prof. Emeritus Raymond (Reuven) Boxman
School of Electrical Engineering
Tel Aviv University
Tel:  +972-3-640 7364
Cell: +972 544 634 217
Room 507, Computer and Software Engineering Building
http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~boxman/index.html
CEO Clear Wave Ltd. – http://clrwave.com<http://clrwave.com/>
Scientific Writing Courses – http://communicating-science.com<http://communicating-science.com/>

My email server changed, but my address remains:
boxman at eng.tau.ac.il<mailto:boxman at eng.tau.ac.il>
Also mail sent to boxman at post.tau.ac.il<mailto:boxman at post.tau.ac.il> and boxman at tauex.tau.ac.il<mailto:boxman at tauex.tau.ac.il> will get to me.
Please do not send double messages.