[ATTW-L] Extended deadline (Aug. 19, 2019) for Vol. 1, connexions in IPCD eBook series (ISSN 2644-0709)

connexions in IPCD editors at connexionsinipcd.net
Thu Jul 18 17:52:20 UTC 2019

*Extended Deadline: Aug. 19, 2019*

*To submit work: *
*Consult CFC <http://www.connexionsinipcd.net/ebook-cfc/> and
complete Checklist and Submission of Work (form)
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkAY7brKFGA7taR5Bkiwwgplv-UzyJrxVRe9B9mGeq2iMnpA/viewform>*
*EBOOK CFC (CALL FOR CONTENT)*
VOLUME 1 IN OPEN-ACCESS INTERACTIVE EBOOK SERIES
Editors: Kyle Mattson and Rosário Durão
Full content early submission deadline:  July 15, 2019
Full content extended submission deadline:  August 19, 2019
Revised content due: January 31, 2020
Expected publication:  Late spring – summer 2020

The editors of connexions in international professional communication &
design (I.P.C.D.) interactive eBook series on intersections of industry and
academia invite original content submissions for the first volume.

This first volume will cover the ten main sections and related themes in
the I.P.C.D. network map below
<http://www.connexionsinipcd.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/connexions-in-international-professional-communication-and-design-IPCD.png>
.

The editors welcome worksite perspectives that address trends, practices,
methods, and approaches connected to the sections and themes within the
network map.

*Target audience*
The eBook’s target audience is

   - industry professionals, thought leaders and influencers;
   - industry, government, and academic researchers;
   - faculty and students.

*Content for submission*
Submitted work must approach “international professional communication and
design” (I.P.C.D.) consistently and by name to refer to I.P.C.D. as a
cohesive yet complex area of research and practice in industry and academia.

In line with professional communication trends across the world,

   - the interactive eBook will comprise written chapters (with a striking,
   dynamic visual component) and other work with embedded interactive content:
   video clips and audio clips; hyperlinks, websites and web pages; animation,
   images and illustrations; problem-solving scenarios through games, videos,
   and other media;
   - all work will have a striking, dynamic visual component and appealing,
   legible, and clear visual elements.

*TYPES OF DOCUMENTS*
Authors can submit two types of work:

   - Type 1. Written content ranging from 2,500 to 6,000 words, including
   all references. Type 1 work will have striking, dynamic visual components
   and appealing, legible, and clear visual elements.
   - Type 2. Work with predominantly interactive content. Type 2 content
   will include embedded hyperlinks, websites and web pages; animation, images
   and illustrations; problem-solving scenarios through games, videos, and
   other media. This work will range from 10 to 2,500 words, including
   references. Ideally, video and audio clips will be no longer than 20
   minutes.

Although we do not have a proposal stage, we encourage interested authors
to consult with us on their ideas. The editors always welcome questions on
developing content for the eBook. Write to us at
editors at connexionsinipcd.net

To sample approaches content developers and authors have taken to
interactive content, visit these websites: JoVE – Journal of Visualized
Experiments <https://www.jove.com/journal>; Kairos – A Journal of Rhetoric,
Technology, and Pedagogy <http://kairos.technorhetoric.net/>; Vizzies
Visualization Challenge <https://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/scivis/>;
Nature <https://www.nature.com/>; and KROMA ART mobile magazine
<http://kromamagazine.com/>.

*Visual content and layout*
We see the use of appealing, legible, and clear visuals as a hallmark of
this eBook series. Visuals should serve as guides to readers who do not
have the time to read the work word for word. All together, visuals should
tell a story and give an overview of the work.

Visual elements should take up at least 30% of the work. Visuals in text
may include data displays, including photos, hyperlinks, animations,
images, and illustrations; screenshots, callouts, and text boxes; embedded
games, videos, and other media.

In-text citations are presented as hyperlinks that lead to the original
source.

*Non-English content*
Authors should supply a English translation for all non-English content
(text or dialogue). For example, a English version will follow immediately
after each non-English section or segment; videos will have subtitles in
English; and an English-language translation of the transcript will
accompany all non-English audio clips.

*Respect for others*
Work must be respectful of gender, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic
identity, disability, and age, both in language and visual content.

*Accessibility*
We require all work to be accessible and work on any device. Authors should
ensure that the content conforms to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
2.1, level AA: https://webaim.org/standards/wcag/WCAG2Checklist.pdf You may
also want to have a look at this simple introductory guide to
accessibility:
https://ukhomeoffice.github.io/accessibility-posters/posters/accessibility-posters.pdf

*Style*
Work must be submitted in Plain English. Sample resources on plain language
are available at PLAIN <https://plainlanguagenetwork.org/>, Center for
Plain Language <https://centerforplainlanguage.org/>, Checklist for Plain
Language
<https://www.nih.gov/sites/default/files/institutes/plain-language/nih-plain-language-checklist.pdf>
.

Work must comply with all formatting guidelines in the Publication manual
of the American Psychological Association, sixth edition
<https://apastyle.apa.org/manual>.

*Originality and intellectual property*
Authors will digitally certify that the work they share for consideration
is original and complies with fair use and all pertinent intellectual
property and copyright laws.

The corresponding author takes responsibility for: all aspects of the work;
listing all participating authors as authors; securing final draft approval
from all authors; declaring that connexions in I.P.C.D. eBook series,
including its editors and board members, is in no way responsible for
possible violations of compliances, above; representing agreement of all
authors by typing their name on compliance items in the Checklist and
Submission form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkAY7brKFGA7taR5Bkiwwgplv-UzyJrxVRe9B9mGeq2iMnpA/viewform>
.

Authors retain copyright for their work, and readers have free access to
the content of the free, open-access interactive eBook under the Creative
Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
(CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/>.

*Submission and checklist*
Authors will complete the checklist and submit their work online at
https://forms.gle/ajYXqqBMrmTBU2C2A. If the work has more than 5 files or
the files exceed 100MB total, authors will send the additional files in a
separate email to editors at connexionsinipcd.net

In the checklist, authors will suggest under which sections and themes to
place their work on the I.P.C.D. network map. The editors reserve the right
to decide where in the eBook to place the content accepted for publication.

*Review*
Work in line with the project vision and criteria will be forwarded to the
reviewers for the double-blind peer review process.

*Contact information*
Kyle Mattson and Rosário Durão
editors at connexionsinipcd.net

--

Kyle Mattson             Rosário Durão
*U. Central Arkansas   New Mexico Tech & CityLab Design, LLC*

Editors

connexions in international professional communication and design (IPCD)
www.connexionsinipcd.net
editors at connexionsinipcd.net