[ATTW-L] Ty Herrington - a year later

Brian Larson brian at tendallarson.com
Wed Jul 31 13:28:14 UTC 2019

And her hospitality... when I was coming to take my first academic post at
Georgia Tech after finishing my PhD in 2015, my spouse and I came for a
house-hunting visit. Ty became the first other Tech faculty member to
invite us to her home, and then she walked with us for nearly three hours,
some of it in the rain, through neighborhoods she thought we might be
interested in seeing. She fortified us before departure with margaritas
just the way we like them: Good tequila and lime juice--and that's it. We
did find some dinner, too, good BBQ (Texas style).

She was so protective of me when I arrived and started teaching. And when I
evaluated a career move, she offered steady counsel, though we all knew the
cancer was back. I miss her.
--
-Brian

*Texas A&M University School of Law*