[ATTW-L] JOBS: Assistant Professors-in-Residence at UNLV

Kaitlin Clinnin kmclinnin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 16:10:08 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce that the University of Nevada Las Vegas is hiring
two Assistant Professor-in-Residence positions (non-tenure track) for the
Composition Program located in the English Department. These full-time,
permanent positions carry a 4-4 teaching load of online writing courses;
although the teaching is online, these positions are located in Las Vegas.
Promotion is based on teaching and service. There is also support for
professional development and research (many of our current
faculty-in-residence are active scholars in their respective fields).

The full job ad and application information are available here:
https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=176938704&Title=Assistant%20Professor%2C%20UNLV%20Department%20of%20English%20%5BR0114851%5D.
Applications (cover letter, CV, and list of 3 references) are due April
1st. I'm chairing this search, and I'm happy to answer any questions at
Kaitlin.clinnin at unlv.edu

To add to the official job description, Las Vegas is a great place to live.
There's plenty of great restaurants, entertainment, culture, hiking, etc.
without ever venturing onto the Strip. The cost of living in the area is
still relatively low, and the salary for these positions allows one to live
comfortably. UNLV is a supportive institution to work for, and writing is
growing across campus (as evidenced by the hiring we've been doing
lately!). We're excited about these dedicated positions to support the
Composition Program and to welcome new colleagues.

Sincerely,
Kaitlin Clinnin

Director of Composition
University of Nevada Las Vegas