[ATTW-L] Congratulations Mike Albers and Susan Flanagan

Tharon Howard tharon at clemson.edu
Sat May 4 15:21:07 UTC 2019

Dear ATTW and CPTSC Colleagues:

Please join me in congratulating Mike Albers and Susan Flanagan on the publication of their edited collection Editing in the Modern Classroom. This is the 11th book in the ATTW Book Series in Technical and Professional Communication (TPC), and only our second edited collection. As its title suggests, this is a book about one of the most ubiquitous and pervasive subjects in TPC curricula-technical editing. Nearly every graduate, undergraduate, or certificate program in the nation offers courses in technical editing; in fact, as Lisa Meloncon points out in her examination of more than 600 degree programs in Chapter 9 of this collection, the technical editing course is generally considered a "core course" around which programs are built. Yet, in spite of its omnipresence in our field, Flanagan observes in Chapter Two of this collection that fewer than 20 empirical studies about technical editing have been published in our field's peer-reviewed journals since 2000. Editing in the Modern Classroom is an effort to bring technical editing into the 21st Century.

Like all the other books in the ATTW Book Series, this collection is available on the Routledge website at https://www.routledge.com/ATTW-Series-in-Technical-and-Professional-Communication/book-series/ATTW and at Amazon at https://smile.amazon.com/Editing-Classroom-Technical-Professional-Communication-dp-0815354460/dp/0815354460/ref=mt_paperback?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1556983117.

Congratulations, Mike and Susan!