[ATTW-L] Invitation to complete survey on Faculty Experiences Teaching Capstones

S. Morgan Gresham gresham at mail.usf.edu
Tue May 14 17:26:13 UTC 2019

Colleagues--

My co-investigators and I are engaging in a multi-institutional study that
researches the influences on instructors’ design, teaching, and
facilitation of culminating experiences for students often known as “
capstone experiences.” To help us understand this better, please take this
survey <https://usf.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e5amW9MuBvxLP49>,
consisting of mostly Likert scale closed-ended questions. This survey
should take approximately 20 minutes. Your participation is voluntary but
will be most appreciated by your colleagues at The College of Idaho,
Indiana University of Pennsylvania, The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor,
University of South Florida St. Petersburg, and University of
Wisconsin-Green Bay who are conducting this research. IRB approval at all
five research sites has been secured.

Our goal is to use the data collected from this survey as a way to better
understand the capstone experience from the perspective of faculty so that
we may develop resources to support effective capstone design and
implementation. We are more than happy to share our findings from this
survey and the resources we develop as a result of your participation.

We are looking for a broad range of respondents so please feel free to
share the survey link with any of your colleagues who teach capstones.

Please follow this link to participate in the survey or you may copy and
paste the URL into your internet browser:  https://usf.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe
/form/SV_e5amW9MuBvxLP49

Thank you for your time and please feel free to contact us if you have any
questions.

Morgan Gresham, PhD, University of South Florida St. Petersburg, gresham
@mail.usf.edu

and

Olivia S. Anderson, PhD, The University of Michigan, oliviasa at umich.edu

Caroline Boswell, PhD, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, boswellc at uwgb.edu

Matthew Laye PhD, The College of Idaho, mlaye at collegeofidaho.edu

Dawn Smith-Sherwood, PhD, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, smithshe at iup.
edu
Morgan Gresham, PhD
gresham at usfsp.edu

First-Year Composition Coordinator