[ATTW-L] Survey: Social Justice and the Tech Comm Service Course

May, Jamie Jamie.May at ttu.edu
Mon Nov 11 18:51:07 UTC 2019

Hi!

My name is Jamie May, and I'm a PhD candidate at Texas Tech University. I am writing to invite you to participate in a survey about the integration of social justice issues in the technical communication service course. The survey should take only 5-10 minutes and can be found here: http://j.mp/2NfvDFx. Apologies for cross-posting.

This research project aims to compile information about the way instructors teach the current technical communication service course with attention to the inclusion of social justice issues in both formal and informal ways. The survey is for my dissertation research (IRB 2019-706) which is chaired by Dr. Michael Faris (michael.faris at ttu.edu). The goal of the project is to ascertain the current situation and to present a potential method for including social justice issues in these courses.

If you teach or have taught technical communication service courses, please consider participating in this survey. The survey is anonymous and voluntary, and you can withdraw from participation at any time. Should you have questions, please email me at jamie.may at ttu.edu, or contact Dr. Faris at the email address above.

Again, here is the link for the survey: http://j.mp/2NfvDFx

Thanks for your time!

Jamie May

PhD Candidate, Texas Tech University

Senior Instructor, University of Colorado Colorado Springs