[ATTW-L] Fwd: Another New Book from the WAC Clearinghouse

Jessie Borgman jessieborgman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 15:08:38 UTC 2019

Hi ATTW Listserv-

We're happy to announce our new open-access book on online writing
instruction.
Please share widely with the online writing instructors that you know.
Also, check out our website (the inspiration for the book!) here:
www.owicommunity.org
See the official announcement below.

Best,
Jessie Borgman and Casey McArdle

It turns out we have a lot of books in development right now (which is a
testament to all the work everyone did over the summer). I’m pleased to
announce that another new book is available in digital format from the WAC
Clearinghouse (https://wac.colostate.edu). The book, like the other books
and journals available through the Clearinghouse, is an open-access
publication. It appears in the Practices & Possibilities book series, which
I’m happy to edit with my wonderful colleagues Nick Carbone,
Karen-Elizabeth Moroski, and Aleashia Walton.

*Personal, Accessible, Responsive, Strategic*

*Resources and Strategies for Online Writing Instructors*

*By Jessie Borgman and Casey McArdle*

Drawing on their novel PARS framework, Jessie Borgman and Casey McArdle
explore the complexities and anxieties associated with online writing
instruction. PARS offers an innovative way to support your own online
instructional efforts as well as those of faculty members in programs that
offer online writing instruction. Borgman and McArdle offer extensive
examples of how to create assignments, syllabi, and accessible, productive
learning spaces. Drawing on work in the design of user experiences, they
explore how we can design online writing courses with our students'
experiences in mind. Borgman and McArdle encourage us plan online writing
courses strategically, and they reinforce the importance of iterating our
course design and teaching practices continually with the goal of creating
a better user experience for everyone involved with the course.

[image: Cover]

Thanks to Jessie and Casey for their hard work and for their decision to
share it with us in an open-access format, and thanks to the anonymous
reviewers who provided feedback and support during the book’s development.
And thanks, as always, to Nick, Karen-Elizabeth, and Aleashia for their
excellent work with the Practices & Possibilities series. This book will be
available in print through our partnership with the University Press of
Colorado (http://upcolorado.com/the-wac-clearinghouse) in the coming
months.

You can view the book at https://wac.colostate.edu/books/practice/pars/.

All the best,

Mike

Mike Palmquist

Associate Provost for Instructional Innovation

Colorado State University

Fort Collins, CO 80523

Voice: (970) 491-3057

Email: Mike.Palmquist at ColoState.edu

[image: CSU-Official-wrdmrk-357]

Editor and Publisher, The WAC Clearinghouse

https://wac.colostate.edu