[ATTW-L] Textbook recommendation

Derek Ross derek.ross at auburn.edu
Thu Oct 31 19:13:00 UTC 2019

Hi Kimberly:

I’ve taught Writing Public Policy a couple of times. Both times as a graduate level class, but you might find my materials useful. The first time I taught it was a few years back (2012…maybe more than a few years back) as a general public policy course (http://webhome.auburn.edu/~dgr0003/7030_Public_Policy/index.html ), and more recently (2018) with a focus on social justice and ethics (http://webhome.auburn.edu/~dgr0003/7030_Social_Justice_Policy/7030_Public_Policy_Social_Justice.html ). I shared both links as the articles differ pretty widely between the two classes, given the different focus (and the intervening years!). The Smith book is great. I also use Hill & Hupe’s Implementing public policy. The books for my classes are listed in the Texts and Technologies section, individual articles on the schedule.

I hope this helps!

Take care,

Derek

Derek G. Ross
Editor, Communication Design Quarterly<https://sigdoc.acm.org/publication/>
Co-Director, Laboratory for Usability, Communication, Interaction, and Accessibility<http://cla.auburn.edu/lucia/>
Department of English, 9030 Haley Center
Auburn University, AL 36849-5203
334-844-9073
http://www.derekross.com<http://www.derekross.com/>
Pronouns: he/him/his