[ATTW-L] Job Ad: TT Assistant Professor of Writing, Rhetoric, & Digital Studies @ U of Kentucky

Cagle, Lauren E. lauren.cagle at uky.edu
Thu Sep 12 15:48:33 UTC 2019

Hello all!

I'm writing to share an ad for an Assistant Professor of Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Studies here at the University of Kentucky and to encourage y'all to apply.

The Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Studies at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor. Areas of desired emphasis include writing studies, composition pedagogy, rhetorical theory, and cultural rhetorics, particularly African-American rhetorics, Latinx rhetorics, and indigenous rhetorics. We also encourage candidates with backgrounds in professional and technical writing and digital rhetoric, areas of research that fit within the department’s overall mission and vision. Teaching load is 2/2.

Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Studies (WRD) is an independent department with 15 faculty members. We offer a BA/BS in Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Studies and a minor in Professional and Technical Writing, as well as a graduate certificate in Professional and Technical Writing. Our dynamic faculty teach and research in rhetorical theory, technical communication, professional writing, public rhetorics, digital rhetorics, cultural rhetorics and ethnic studies, and more. WRD offers faculty interdisciplinary graduate teaching opportunities, a new digital lab for research and teaching, and a teaching abroad program, along with exciting opportunities for community outreach and research. More information about our department is available at http://wrd.as.uky.edu.

The desired appointment date is August 16, 2020. A PhD is required.

Interested applicants should apply online at: http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/247817. Applicants should submit the following: 1) a cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) statement of teaching philosophy (upload as Specific Request 1), 4) writing sample, and 5) a statement on inclusivity (upload as Specific Request 2). As a department and university, we are strongly committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all. In one to two pages, applicants should reflect on their commitments, approaches, and insights related to inclusion, diversity, and equity. In addition, please provide the names and contact information for three references when prompted in the academic profile. This information will be utilized to solicit recommendation letters from your references within the employment system.

Review of applications will begin September 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.

If you have any questions about the job, the department, the university, Lexington, or Kentucky, please feel free to email me at lauren.cagle at uky.edu and let me know. I really love working and living here, and have been extraordinarily well-supported and encouraged, both professionally and personally.

Happy Wednesday!
Cagle

Lauren E. Cagle, PhD

Assistant Professor | Writing, Rhetoric, & Digital Studies, University of Kentucky<https://wrd.as.uky.edu/>