[ATTW-L] CDQ Issue 8-1 is now live!

Luke Thominet lthomine at fiu.edu
Tue Apr 21 16:53:02 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Communication Design Quarterly, Issue 8.1<http://sigdoc.acm.org/blog/2020/04/21/cdq-issue-8-1-is-now-live/> is now available on the SIGDOC website!

This issue features two articles previously published through our online first model:

  *   Story Mapping and Sea Level Rise: Listening to Global Risks at Street Level by Sonia H. Stephens and Daniel P. Richards
  *   Social Media in Professional, Technical, and Scientific Communication Programs: A Heuristic to Guide Future Use by Jennifer Roth Miller, Brandy Dieterle, Jennifer deWinter, and Stephanie Vie

It also has a brief editorial update from Dan Richards and Derek Ross on the state of the SIGDOC Conference and the publication of CDQ during the COVID-19 crisis.

Finally, the issue concludes with two new book reviews:

  *   Ryan Cheek's review of Design, Ecology, Politics: Towards the Ecocene by Joanna Boehnert
  *   Ella R. Browning review of Bodies in Flux: Scientific Methods for Negotiating Medical Uncertainty by Christa Teston

We hope you enjoy the new issue! If you have something that would be a good fit for Communication Design Quarterly, please review our article guidelines<https://sigdoc.acm.org/publication/communication-design-quarterly-review/>. And feel free to send article inquiries or submissions to Derek G. Ross at derek.ross at auburn.edu<mailto:derek.ross at auburn.edu>.

We wish you and your loved ones health and safety.

Best,
Luke Thominet
SIGDOC Communications Manager
luke.thominet at fiu.edu<mailto:luke.thominet at fiu.edu>