[ATTW-L] SIGDOC Student Research Competition Deadline Extended to May 25

Luke Thominet lthomine at fiu.edu
Fri Apr 24 15:21:54 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on Design of Communication (SIGDOC) is extending the deadline for proposals for this year's ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) to May 25.

The SRC offers a unique forum for undergraduate and graduate students to present their original research at a well-known ACM-sponsored conference before a panel of judges and attendees. It consists of several rounds of competition, beginning with the initial submission process. Up to 15 undergraduate and 15 graduate students will be selected, based on their proposals, to enter the SRC.

While SIGDOC has yet to reach an official decision on the nature of our 2020 Conference (scheduled for October 3-4 in Denton, TX, USA), we anticipate that the Executive Committee and Conference Committee will make a decision soon. If the conference is held in an online format, we will make changes to the SRC for the online setting. Nevertheless, we still want to give students the opportunity to share their work, provide an avenue for feedback on it, and grant awards in recognition of their high-quality achievements.

For more information, please review the full 2020 Student Research Competition CFP<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsigdoc.acm.org%2Fawards%2Fstudent-research-competition%2F&data=02%7C01%7Csonias%40knights.ucf.edu%7Cdbf1ca183a0a4ed4ded008d78d5b8945%7C5b16e18278b3412c919668342689eeb7%7C0%7C0%7C637133296592283550&sdata=QqIQrNHbvYJq3usWyCOeWD8kSyL9AkMNrqnJLMOG5vA%3D&reserved=0>. We will update this website promptly if any changes are made to the conference portion of the competition process.

Revised Important Dates:

  *   May 25, 2020: Proposals due. Please submit proposals by email to Dr. Sonia Stephens at sonia.stephens at ucf.edu<mailto:sonia.stephens at ucf.edu>.
  *   June 9, 2020: Notifications of acceptance will be sent.
  *   July 6, 2020: Extended abstracts due.
  *   July 21, 2020: Reviews of/comments on extended abstracts will be returned.
  *   August 14, 2020: Final version of extended abstracts due.
  *   October 3-4, 2020: SRC presentations at SIGDOC 2020.

If you have any questions, please email Dr. Sonia Stephens, the SRC Chair, at (sonia.stephens at ucf.edu<mailto:sonia.stephens at ucf.edu>).

Best,
Luke Thominet
SIGDOC Communications Manager