[ATTW-L] Undergraduate TC Journals?

Julianne Newmark newmark at unm.edu
Wed Apr 29 20:22:43 UTC 2020

Hi Tim and all:

*Xchanges* is also still accepting submissions during this cycle, until the
end of June.  Direct your students to our Submissions page
<http://www.xchanges.org/sub-1> for all of the details!  As Gabe said of
*YSW*, our mission at *Xchanges* is also defined by our commitment to
mentoring emerging scholars, thus our review, revision, and
publication processes are propelled by a supportive, positive approach to
scholarly publication, an approach that all of the disciplinary experts on
our review board and the members of our editorial staff champion.

Looking forward to seeing submissions from many of your students -- in
"traditional" text and multimodal formats!

Julie

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 1:27 PM Gabriel Cutrufello <gcutrufe at ycp.edu> wrote:

> *  [EXTERNAL]*
> Hello, Tim and All!
>
> *Young Scholars in Writing
> <https://youngscholarsinwriting.org/index.php/ysiw/index>*is still
> accepting submissions for volume 18 (CFP attached). *Peer review begins
> on April 10, but we will continue to accept submissions on a rolling basis
> through May 12. *
>
> Given all of the disruptions students are facing this spring, initial peer
> review will focus on the relevance of the submission to *YSW* and the
> quality of the research questions, methods, and data--in other words, we're
> looking for strong "guts" more than polished prose. *YSW* is proud to be
> a mentoring journal, so authors will continue to revise and polish their
> submissions with the mentorship of one of our Faculty Advisory Editors over
> the summer.
>
> For this volume, we are accepting the following types of submissions.
>
>    - *Articles* (original research; 10-25 pages double spaced)
>    - *Comments & Responses* (response to previous YSW article which
>    presents a clear argument and draws on additional sources; 2-5 pages double
>    spaced)
>    - *Methodological Reflections* (detailed narrative and reflection
>    about experience using empirical method that is in conversation with the
>    literature on methods; 3-8 pages double spaced)
>    - *Spotlight on First-Year Writing* (research by students in
>    first-year college writing courses; 5-25 pages double spaced)
>

> Please pass this along to your colleagues and students and be in touch!
>
> Gabe, on behalf of the incoming *YSW* co-editors
>
> Emily Murphy Cope
> Gabriel Cutrufello
> Kimberly Fahle Peck
>

> Gabriel Cutrufello, PhD
> Associate Professor
> Chair
> Department of Communication and Writing
> School of the Arts, Communication, and Global Studies
> York College of Pennsylvania
> Humanities Building 225
> 1-717-815-6447
> gcutrufe at ycp.edu
>
> Co-Editor
> *Young Scholars in Writing*
> youngscholarsinwriting.org
>

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 3:07 PM Timothy Giles <tgiles at georgiasouthern.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a student who is interested in submitting an article he has
>> written to an undergraduate technical communication journal.  Are any
>> accepting submissions these days?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> --
>> Tim Giles, Ph.D.
>> Professor
>> Department of Writing & Linguistics
>> Box 8026
>> Georgia Southern University
>> Statesboro, GA 30460-8026
>>
>> 912-478-0229
>>

>> tgiles at georgiasouthern.edu

> [...]

Julianne Newmark, Ph.D.
Principal Lecturer
Assistant Director of Core Writing and Coordinator of Technical Writing
Editor: *www.xchanges.org <http://www.xchanges.org>*
[she.her.hers]
The University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM