[ATTW-L] New Resource on Overcoming Bias on Student Teams

Joanna Wolfe jowolfe at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Aug 23 21:13:50 UTC 2020

 Dear Colleagues
Over the summer, my staff and I created this video on Overcoming
Unconscious Bias on Student Teams that you might find useful this Fall.
The video is 7 min long and provides students with "scripts" for responding
to three common microaggressions that occur on student teams:(1)
interrupting, dismissing, and/or ignoring certain team members; (2)
distributing the work so that women and under-represented minorities end up
completing lower-status and/or less technical work; (3) making decisions
that give undue weight to certain voices or individuals.  Please feel free
to share with anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/y5ShTBRw8xY

Joanna

--