[ATTW-L] Congratulations CPTSC Anti-racist Programs And Pedagogies Grant Award Winners!

Joanna Schreiber jschreiber at georgiasouthern.edu
Tue Dec 22 12:58:30 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the CPTSC Diversity Committee and Grants Committee, we are
pleased to announce the following projects have been approved for funding
in the 2020 CPTSC Research Grants to Promote Anti-racist Programs and
Pedagogies. Please join us in congratulating these amazing scholars.

Project Title: “Understanding Black Technical and Professional
Communication from the HBCU Students’ Lens: Developing a Black Technical
Communication Digital Artifact in the HBCU Technical and Report Writing
Classroom”

Dr. Temptaous Mckoy, Bowie State University

Project Title: “Redressing Indigenous Language Marginalization through User
Experience Research”

Dr. Nora Rivera, New Mexico State University

Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal for consideration. It was a
particularly competitive cycle, and we are excited about the future of this
scholarship and what it means for the future of the field. Thank you to the
CPTSC Executive Committee for approving the funding for this initiative,
and thank you especially to our review team:

Dr. Keshab Acharya

Dr. Godwin Agboka

Dr. Sweta Baniya

Dr. Victor Del Hierro

Dr. Isidore Dorpenyo

Dr. David Sapp

Dr. Cecilia Shelton

Congratulations and thank you!

Dr. Laura Gonzales, CPTSC Diversity Committee Chair

Dr. Stacey Pigg, CTPSC Grants Committee Co-Chair

Dr. Joanna Schreiber, CPTSC Grants Committee Co-Chair
--
Joanna Schreiber, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Professional and Technical Communication

Dept. of Writing and Linguistics | P.O. Box 8026
Georgia Southern University
622 COBA Drive
Statesboro, GA 30460
Newton Bldg. 2222-C | (912) 478-5908