[ATTW-L] ATTW/CCCC Conference Career Workshop, March 25

Johnson, Richard D rjohnso at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 20 10:54:13 UTC 2020

Apologies for the Crosslistings:

Here’s a call out to graduate students and faculty members who would like to participate in the Career Workshop at the ATTW Conference on March 25th. The ATTW Conference is a pre-conference to the CCCC in Milwaukee. The workshop is usually held that Wednesday from 3:00-4:15 pm in the afternoon as a final session; however, we have not received the official schedule, so the time may change.

This is our eleventh year running the Career Workshop at the ATTW Conference. We offer interviewing tips for pursuing academic positions, and then we do speed interviewing in which graduate students meet individually with faculty members in five minute sessions. Then, each person rotates to meet someone new.

These interviews are a great way to network with people from other universities. Graduate students have an opportunity to meet with faculty members and hear what is happening in their programs. Faculty members have the opportunity to speak with potential future colleagues.

If you or someone you know might be interested, please contact us at Richard Johnson-Sheehan at rjohnso at purdue.edu<mailto:rjohnso at purdue.edu> or Lisa Meloncon at meloncon at tek-ritr.com<mailto:meloncon at tek-ritr.com>. Lora Arduser and Greg Wickliff are also organizers of the event. More information about the ATTW Conference can be found at http://attw.org

We are especially interested in hearing from graduate students or faculty members who would like to participate.

Please RSVP because space is limited and we put signs on chairs. Make your reservation by March 9th.

If you’re a faculty member, would you please forward this e-mail to your graduate students.

Professor Richard Johnson-Sheehan
Department of English
Purdue University
500 Oval Dr.