[ATTW-L] the ICE memo on international students

Huiling Ding hding at ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 8 13:34:06 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for keeping this important discussion going and for supporting
our international students at a worst time who are forced to choose between
possible risky exposure or deportation. As we all know, public health
crises are often political. COVID-19 clearly shows the socio-economic and
geo-political dimensions of pandemics.

One of my colleagues at NC State shared a national petition from faculty at
four-year colleges titled "Open Letter Against the Student Ban," which has
gathered over ten thousand signatures. If you want to take a look, here is
the url:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnWNY7Qk-zW4mZKupEyCgswrNdtU8FX6QDWc_ZCmBI5OjqTA/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1MjaFEfTEpCXiZM6NkxjQHl9WmInsQcffyLKxeUu7rXOCD4r49b11l8Hk&edit_requested=true&usp=embed_facebook

Thank you all for your support for our international students and best
wishes.

Huiling