[ATTW-L] the ICE memo on international students

Joseph Jeyaraj jeyarajjoseph at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 19:38:49 UTC 2020

 The F-1 is a non immigrant visa, but following OPT (Optional Practical Training) change of status is allowed to H-1B.

Joseph     On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 03:46:51 PM EDT, Kain, Donna <kaind at ecu.edu> wrote:

  #yiv7034553338 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}Respectfully, if we have responsibility for any of our students' educational outcomes, then we have responsibility for all our students' educational outcomes. (Our accrediting agency seems to think we are responsible.) As far as relying on international students to stay afloat, that's above my pay grade. I'm concerned about the students who are here, not why they're here.
Harvard and MIT are suing: https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/07/08/harvard-mit-international-students-ice/
|  | Harvard, MIT sue to protect international students - The Washington PostHarvard, pictured here, joined MIT in suing the Trump administration over a rule barring international students from coming to the United States to attend colleges offering only online classes.www.washingtonpost.com |

Donna Kain, Ph.D. Associate ProfessorDirector of Undergraduate StudiesDepartment of English, East Carolina University252-737-2705
2202 Bate Building
Mail Stop 555kaind at ecu.eduGo English!