[ATTW-L] the ICE memo on international students

Ehren Pflugfelder ehren.pflugfelder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:16:39 UTC 2020

Hi all,

It's been instructive and humbling to read the thoughts and words of folks
on this topic from the last week. Thank you to Natasha and the many others
who have written in support of international students and expressed their
concerns, not only of the ICE memo, but of the harmful perspectives that
still circulate within the tech comm community.

Like many of you, I've been reading and learning more about my school's
international student policies in the last week, and was glad to see that
OSU has joined a group of Western schools filing suit against the federal
government. I share that news here in the hopes that this material will be
useful for others, for research or teaching:
https://today.oregonstate.edu/news/osu-uo-among-20-universities-filing-federal-lawsuit-oregon-over-international-student-order

Thanks,
Ehren

--
Ehren Helmut Pflugfelder (he/him/his)
Associate Professor of Scientific, Technical, and Professional Writing