[ATTW-L] SEVP modifications being reversed

Savage, Gerald gjsavag at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 15 00:48:42 UTC 2020

Thank you for your message, Rob,

It is good to know we have support from beyond our borders. I wish you and your nation success in your own struggles for equal justice.

Jerry

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 14, 2020, at 8:36 PM, Robert Irish <r.irish at utoronto.ca<mailto:r.irish at utoronto.ca>> wrote:

[This message came from an external source. If suspicious, report to abuse at ilstu.edu<mailto:abuse at ilstu.edu>]
As a Canadian, I know we have our own justice and human rights challenges—similar to but also different from those in the US.
So, I have been following this conversation with great interest and pride in you all for stepping bravely into the moment. It obviously is not a one-and-done moment, but an occasion for constant vigilance.
I was so glad to see the reversal of the racist policy.
In Canada, the government has just announced that students studying at Canadian universities can count their online school time toward a post-graduation work permit (which is often a first step toward citizenship).  You can see the report in the linked article. https://apple.news/A1SScjHlWTfqgauaOPuY9gg
I hope that saner minds can prompt the US toward a similar position.
In the meantime, do celebrate the small victory achieved by your activism and compassion.

In support and solidarity,
Rob Irish
University of Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone