[ATTW-L] Georgia's misleading graph

Steve onlineprof at protonmail.com
Wed May 20 20:56:34 UTC 2020

Yes, all,

Georgia has been leading the disinformation campaign for a while now. It's been disturbing to watch from here in Savannah, but it reached the point in April whereby the state data could no longer be trusted for accuracy. Tweet of mine, from April 21:
---

And the Georgia Department of Health has been changing it's narrative daily with the way it repurposes the data. In half their confirmed cases they don't even know the race or ethnicity, so if you're not white, you don't know you have higher chances of falling prey to the virus.

---

Was watching the GA Dept of Health site daily, early on, in March, and became astonished at the shifts it was taking, but then in April just abandoned it completely, as it fails in all areas for discernible accuracy, and am not looking for wrong or misguiding numbers during a pandemic. Life is business a usual in Georgia with steady traffic and very little visible change in behavior.

Best,

Steve

#StayHome

-----

Steven John Thompson, PhD

Professor, Communication, Journalism, and Speech

University of Maryland Global Campus