[ATTW-L] How Can I Be "Ethically Employed" during the Pandemic? #HireHigherEd

Joanna Wolfe jowolfe at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu May 28 14:52:25 UTC 2020

Eric:
Thank you for this message and your LinkedIn post.  You make a compelling
case for the ethics of helping out, but I don't understand what good this
actually does.  This is likely just my ignorance of how LinkedIn operates
but does anyone know how much these endorsements matter?  Is there anyone
who would reach out to me on LinkedIn who wouldn't also send me an email
asking me for a reference?

I am not challenging--I am genuinely asking, in part because as a TC
professor I should know more about how LinkedIn is actually working in
today's world.  I will happily read anything you send and, of course, I am
willing to do anything I can for people who are searching for work.

Joanna

Joanna Wolfe, Ph.D.
Director, Global Communication Center
Teaching Professor, English