[ATTW-L] WPA-GO Vice Chair Special Election - Deadline Extended! + MA Rep Position Announcement - Please Apply!

WPA-GO wpago1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:05:59 UTC 2020

Dear ATTW-L Members,

The Writing Program Administrators Graduate Organization (WPA-GO) is
extending the deadline for applications for our Vice Chair position! We are
also pleased to announce the call for applicants to our newly reformulated
MA Representative position! Please see the letter from our Chair, Gabbi
Kelenyi, below for more information and the PDFs attached for the Vice
Chair & MA Rep calls.

The *NEW* deadline for submitting an application for Vice Chair is 11:59PM
CST on October 31, 2020. The deadline for submitting an application for MA
Rep is 11:59PM CST on November 30, 2020. WPA-GO Graduate Committee
<http://wpacouncil.org/aws/CWPA/pt/sp/wpa-go>members are happy to answer
any questions.

Best,

Gabbi, on behalf of WPA-GO’s Graduate Committee

----

Dear WPA-GO Members, Followers, and Graduate Students at large,

The Writing Program Administrators Graduate Organization (WPA-GO) would
like to thank you for your help sharing and circulating our Special
Election Call. We are pleased to announce that we are moving forward with
the internal elections for Diversity & Outreach Chair and Treasurer! Thank
you to all who submitted applications!

As mentioned in my previous letter, WPA-GO is committed to facilitating an
antiracist and equitable election process. To that end, we pledged that the
election process for each position would not move forward until at least
TWO people from nondominant communities apply. *As we did not meet that
threshold for the Vice Chair position, I write to announce that we are
extending the deadline for applications to be Vice Chair of WPA-GO to
October 31, 2020.*

Vice Chair is a very important position in our governing body, and thus it
is all the more important that we follow through on our mission to
encourage leaders who are committed to making lasting structural changes
within our organization to apply and seek out identity-conscious
representation that will amplify underrepresented voices in our field
specifically and academia in general. We cannot do this without more than
one application to this position.

We acknowledge that the Vice Chair position is a large commitment, but we
also want to highlight that it is a monumental opportunity to instigate
tangible change that will benefit graduate students in writing studies near
and far for years to come. We are so grateful to the Vice Chair applicant
who has bravely put themselves out there for this position and for their
support as we encourage others to also apply in order to run a fair
election process that aligns with our commitments.

*We’re also excited to announce a new call for applicants to the MA
Representative position on the Graduate Committee! *This reformulated
position is an opportunity to gain exposure and experience in the field,
give and receive peer mentorship, help WPA-GO ensure robust participation
of master’s degree-seeking students who bring unique perspectives and
insights to our organization, and participate in WPA-GO committees and task
forces according to their interests. *The deadline for applications to the
MA Representative position is November 30, 2020. *

The members of WPA-GO’s Graduate Committee are all graduate students, so we
intimately understand the busy, multi-faceted lives that graduate students
lead and how our current context has amplified demands on our time and
productivity. Again, we do not intend for this extension announcement and
new call to add to those demands. Please read the calls for Vice Chair and
MA Representative carefully to determine if any of these positions is the
right fit for you and your plans this year, and reach out to members of the
Graduate Committee to learn more about how WPA-GO can become a part of your
graduate experience. We are happy to answer questions, share experiences,
and hopefully help interested parties determine how/ if these positions
might fit their plans and schedules. Furthermore, if you have individual
questions or concerns about WPA-GO or this special election, please feel
free to contact me directly or reach out to any of the current Graduate
Committee <http://wpacouncil.org/aws/CWPA/pt/sp/wpa-go> members.

Thank you,

Gabrielle Kelenyi

Chair, Writing Program Administrators Graduate Organization (WPA-GO)

kelenyi at wisc.edu
Gabrielle Kelenyi, Chair
Amanda Presswood, Past Chair

   - WPA-GO Website <http://wpacouncil.org/wpa-go>