[ATTW-L] Spark: A 4C4Equality Journal

Halle Elizabeth Griggs (hegriggs) hegriggs at memphis.edu
Fri Oct 16 19:03:09 UTC 2020

Hello All,

First and foremost, we at Spark: A 4C4Equality Journal – an open-access, online, peer-reviewed journal on activism in writing, rhetoric, and literacy studies – hope you all are staying strong as we continue to battle COVID-19 and support Black Lives Matter.

As you work on your research projects over the fall, we invite you to consider submitting to our journal’s third volume, which seeks submissions that address the connection between coalition building and social justice in relation to the 2020 presidential election. With adaptiveness and responsiveness of current events in mind (partisan divisions, widening social inequities, media representation, the Trump impeachment trial, and the COVID-19 pandemic), we are particularly interested in submissions that illustrate the actions, ideologies, beliefs, and events that led to November 3rd, the election results, and future implications of the results.

Contributions may examine a variety of topics, including but not limited to the following distinct, yet interconnected areas:

Local, State, Organizational, and Tribal
●Land and water rights, particularly with Indigenous, Black, Latinx, and migrant communities
●Voting inequities, particularly with redlining, gerrymandering, and mobilization
●Community resources including food, medical care, and housing
●LGBTQIA2+ rights
●Labor, particularly the work of local unions, “essential” and wage workers, workplace conditions, and unrecognized workers

National
●Non bi-partisan interests and representation
●Presidential impeachment and acquittal
●Healthcare systems, policy, industry, and access
●Education, particularly with federal austerity measures, student debt, institutional budgets and restructuring, and educator (faculty, grad students, teacher aids) labor and compensation
●Border politics and immigration in relation to Indigenous, Black, Latinx, Asian, Arab, and migrant communities

Global
●Social media and digital engagements, particularly with transnational organizing, fake news and/or media bias, algorithmic manipulation, and surveillance
●Climate change, global warming, and environmental concerns
●Economy, including markets, trade, transportation, and policy
●International responses to global crises, such as COVID-19, 2008 economic crisis, COVID-19, 2008 economic crisis, Brexit, and international conflict

The timeline for this volume is:

Deadline for Submissions: December 5, 2020
Reviews and Decisions: January 15, 2021
Author Revisions and Resubmission: February 15, 2021
Publication of Volume: April 1, 2021

Please find the full CFP attached or visit https://sparkactivism.com/volume-3-call/ for more information . For inquiries, contact the Co-Editors of this volume, Jaquëtta Shade-Johnson and Phil Bratta, at 4C4Equality at gmail.com<mailto:4C4Equality at gmail.com>.

Best regards,
Spark: A 4C4Equality Journal
Sparkactivism.com<http://Sparkactivism.com>
4C4Equality at gmail.com<mailto:4C4Equality at gmail.com>