[ATTW-L] Please Help Us Spread the Word! Publication Opportunity or your Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication Students in JMU's Rhet Tech Journal!

RhetTechUndergraduateJournal rhettech at jmu.edu
Mon Sep 21 19:10:08 UTC 2020

Dear All,

The RhetTech Editorial Board would like to invite undergraduate students in your major or program to submit their work to the RhetTech journal. RhetTech is James Madison University’s undergraduate journal for students in the disciplines of writing, rhetoric, and/or technical communication. We publish all types of media, including: text-based essays, videos, podcasts, photo essays, reviews, websites, blogs, and more. We welcome work from all years. RhetTech is a great opportunity for students to publish their work in a peer-reviewed journal and we request that you pass this message on to your students.

In addition to regular submissions, we are planning a special section in volume III on meta-writing. Meta-writing is writing about writing. This again can include all types of media.

Below is a small blurb that could be used. Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,

The RhetTech Editorial Board

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gdtIudW_81Gyeygz6bKDAc0Tkx0pXPPPSvmrU3rAQ_1ZAQO7-rvkVYyvRfOIhOpea9m0SYXQWehTiacGrg6h_k3IKbMFbanJzKcrceol1N2s_q83N95SW2hpXejf3AwliI86FdZp]

Do you have a favorite project, but are unsure how to share it? Do you want to find it a new home? If so, submit to the undergraduate journal RhetTech! James Madison University’s RhetTech highlights the work of undergraduate students in the disciplines of writing, rhetoric, and/or technical communication. Whether you’re a first-year or a senior, RhetTech is a great opportunity to see your work published in a peer-reviewed journal.

We accept a variety of content including  text-based essays, videos, podcasts, photo essays, reviews, websites, blogs, and more. Submissions are only accepted during the fall semester of each academic year, and each new issue is published near the end of the spring semester. This year we are also accepting pieces on the topic of meta-writing for a specialized section!

Why submit?

  *   Chance to be published in a peer-reviewed journal

  *   Opportunity to start a dialogue with other students of rhetoric

  *   National exposure and bragging rights

  *   Feedback from a dedicated team of editors

Submit to our section on meta-writing. This could include:

  *   Teaching writing, tutoring, best practices and pedagogy

  *   Writing as a way of healing

  *   Journaling through the pandemic and what it has meant to have that space to express your thoughts

Learn more and submit your work on the RhetTech website, http://www.jmu.edu/wrtc/students/undergraduate/rhet-tech.shtml

Interested in reading our Spring volume? Click the link below!

https://www.jmu.edu/wrtc/_files/rhettech-vol-1/RhetTechEd1.pdf

https://www.jmu.edu/wrtc/_files/rhettech-vol-2/rhettech-vol-2.2.pdf