[ATTW-L] SIGDOC Career Advancement Research Grant CFP

Luke Thominet lthomine at fiu.edu
Mon Sep 28 19:22:19 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The Special Interest Group for the Design of Communication (SIGDOC) invites interested members to apply for Career Advancement Research Grants up to $1,200.

Proposed research projects should promote research pertaining to the design of communication, including (though not limited to) information design, information architecture, content development, user experience, help and documentation (traditional and user-contributed), social media, as well as technology that supports and enhances communication. The research methods should be rigorous and clearly situated within the fields of technical communication, user experience, and/or communication design.

We are focusing the two 2020 Career Advancement Research Grants to specifically fund projects that actively work to dismantle systemic injustices or create new visions of equity and justice. We are particularly excited about projects that work at the intersection between social justice and the discipline. Proposed research projects should include specific language about how their project achieves these goals.

These grants are specifically designed for early career and/or junior faculty who are working on one of their first major projects related to the design of communication. We encourage scholars at all levels to apply, especially doctoral students and members at non-research institutions, and we look forward to opportunities to support emerging scholarship in addition to established scholars.

Applications should be emailed to sigdocacm at gmail.com<mailto:sigdocacm at gmail.com> no later than 11:59 on November 30, 2020.

For more information on the application process, please review the Career Advancement Research Grant CFP<http://sigdoc.acm.org/awards/career-advancement-research-grant/> on the SIGDOC website.

Please direct any questions about the grant to SIGDOC Chair Dan Richards at dprichar at odu.edu<mailto:dprichar at odu.edu>  or Secretary/Treasurer Susan Youngblood at susan.youngblood at auburn.edu<mailto:susan.youngblood at auburn.edu>.

Best,
Luke Thominet
SIGDOC Communications Manager

---
Luke Thominet, PhD
Assistant Professor, Technical and Professional Writing
English Department, Florida International University
lthomine at fiu.edu<mailto:lthomine at fiu.edu>
Pronouns: he/him/his