[ATTW-L] usability online?

Tharon Howard tharon at clemson.edu
Thu Sep 24 15:21:03 UTC 2020

Apologies for the rushed nature of this (I have to teach soon), but in addition to Emma’s recommendation, a resource I assign my students is https://www.usability.gov/how-to-and-tools/methods/remote-testing.html#:~:text=Remote%20usability%20testing%20allows%20you,of%20about%203%2D5%20tasks.

This semester, I have students conducting remote tests for a real client – the local county library system.  They’re using Zoom to observe users (i.e. patrons) using the library system’s website.  The users share their desktops with the student-observers.  We were worried about people struggling with the Zoom technology, but we’re finding that one of the silver linings of COVID is that folks in the general population have become pretty familiar with Zoom or at least tools like Zoom.

Tharon