[ATTW-L] ATTW 2021 Virtual Conference: “Language, Access, and Power in Technical Communication"

Haas, Angela ahaas at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 17 16:26:34 UTC 2021

Dear ATTW community,

I’m excited to announce that this year’s conference will take place the week of June 7, 2021 and will carry over last year’s theme, “Language, Access, and Power in Technical Communication.” ATTW hired conference strategist Dr. Khirsten L. Scott—Director of the Design and Coordination Division of Intentional Events and Co-Founder of DBLAC, Digital Black Lit and Composition—to work with our organization and amazing conference co-chairs, Drs. Laura Gonzales and Ann Shivers-McNair, to intentionally design the program and our virtual conference in ways that are innovative, inclusive, accessible, and equitable. More details about the program will be forthcoming soon.

As in past years, membership is required to register for, attend, and present at ATTW’s annual convention (with the exception of community partners, publishers, and exhibitors). If you haven’t yet renewed your ATTW membership for 2021, please use the membership portal<https://www.xcdsystem.com/attw/member/index.cfm?CFID=94411487&CFTOKEN=e38037b837f9c0a-C639A55D-0BF8-8E98-D28799B16000C6A7> of our website to do so by May 7. Your membership dues support our annual conference, graduate student research and amplification awards, workshops, and other professional development opportunities for members. Your membership to ATTW includes a subscription to Technical Communication Quarterly (TCQ) and a vote in the upcoming officer elections in May. We are also developing the membership portal to include members-only access to ATTW archival documents and other valuable content.

Recognizing the hardship the pandemic has caused many of our members, we carried over last year’s modest rates for membership dues. We also revised our 2021 conference registration rates so that all students and community partners can attend for free. The conference remains free for exhibitors and publishers to attend. Although this year’s conference registration rates for faculty remain the same as last year, we added an option for professors in need of support this year to select a waived registration. Further, for those in the position to support free registration for other members in need, we provide options to donate.

You may register for the conference via the membership portal<https://www.xcdsystem.com/attw/member/index.cfm?CFID=94411487&CFTOKEN=e38037b837f9c0a-C639A55D-0BF8-8E98-D28799B16000C6A7> until June 7. If last spring you opted to apply your registration to this year’s conference, you will receive an email with a registration code that you can use to register for the 2021 conference. If you donated last year’s registration fee, you should have recently received an email thanking you for your donation. If you have questions about your registration last year, email Dr. Michelle Eble at eblem at ecu.edu<mailto:eblem at ecu.edu>, who will be glad to help you sort through or refund payments.

Thank you for your continued involvement and investment in our community--and I hope you’re able to attend this year’s virtual conference!

Angela

--
Angela M. Haas, PhD | she/her/hers
Professor, Department of English, Illinois State University