[ATTW-L] CORRECTED Link: #RhetCompromised - a special report documenting attacks on campus services by papermill companies

Hart-Davidson, William hartdav2 at msu.edu
Fri Feb 19 14:09:04 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

n.b. My apologies for the repeat message and the hasty cut/past in my earlier message! Thank you to those who alerted me to the problems with the link in the prior post. Here's a corrected version.

We've made a new report public today that you may be interested in. The report is available at rhetmap.org

#RhetCompromised is our special report on ZeroDay and other attacks by papermills on campus websites.  Research by <https://www.facebook.com/groups/792710350827544/user/2313386/?__cft__[0]=AZWMwDNOejwMVUHU4s9xejpGIpyiMY8iWbVg-sThRDF29lDQPLUtC_F3oNoqIguzQqB1dKQOi2DssvlTPycXWNAMNy0P49RFGstQxX4r8FlMtqdZiVOqCXbk8dadUusZFUDtdogf_9B5XfgOd-7n2Vjt&__tn__=-]K-R> Jim Ridolfo uncovered over 100 attacks, with many ongoing. Please read, share, and take action on your campus.

The report includes a list of attacks that are ongoing, documentation of the methods we believe were used, and some suggestions for a response.

We welcome your comments and feedback and will update the report as needed and as status of the situation changes.

-Bill H-D