[ATTW-L] Technical Writing Lecturer Position at the University of Alabama in Huntsville

Ryan Weber rw0019 at uah.edu
Thu Jan 14 20:12:37 UTC 2021

Hi all-

UAH is hiring a lecturer to teach business and technical writing courses
<https://www.uah.edu/hr/careers/faculty-careers>. Course load is 4/4.
Please apply if you're interested or encourage qualified candidates to
apply!

Thanks,
Ryan

Announcement of Lecturer Position in English

College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences

The University of Alabama in Huntsville

Full-Time Lecturer in English: The Department of English at the University
of Alabama in Huntsville invites applications for a full-time lecturer
appointment in Business and Technical Writing beginning August 2021.
Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. in English with
experience in Business and Technical Writing. Candidates must demonstrate
commitment to, and excellence in, undergraduate teaching as informed by
current practices and scholarship in the field. The salary is commensurate
with experience. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.

About the University: The University of Alabama in Huntsville, classified
as a High Research Activity institution, offers academic and research
programs in the Colleges of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business,
Education, Engineering, Nursing, Professional Studies, and Science, as well
as the Honors College.  Huntsville maintains one of the highest per capita
incomes and standards of living in the Southeast.  It is a national center
of aerospace and high technology research and is home to NASA's Marshall
Space Flight Center. Huntsville and surrounding communities present many
opportunities for healthcare research and professional practice.

*About the College: *The College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
at the University of Alabama in Huntsville comprises 9 departments and 84
full-time faculty. We offer a wide array of programs in the arts,
humanities, and social sciences including 21 B.A. programs, five M.A.
programs, and eight certificate programs. The college has also led the way
in creating several interdisciplinary minors, such as Women’s and Gender
Studies, Global Studies, and Game Design and Development. Our class sizes
are relatively small and our collegial faculty are committed to our
students’ successes.

About the Department: The English Department at UAH is comprised of
scholar-teachers committed to the promotion of literacy and the cultivation
of scholarly and professional competencies in critical thinking and
persuasive writing across a wide spectrum of literary, technical, and
rhetorical situations. Applicants must be prepared and willing to teach
courses online. We foster intellectual and cultural diversity, originality
of thought, and clarity and cogency of expression through degree programs
designed to advance careful, sophisticated reading practices as well as
complex analytical and research skills. We aim to cultivate our students'
management, organization, and production of knowledge.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2021 or until the position is filled

APPLICATION PROCEDURE:  Send letter of application, C.V., at least three
letters of reference, a teaching philosophy, and original graduate
transcripts to Alanna Frost, Chair, Department of English, University of
Alabama in Huntsville, 301 Sparkman Drive, Huntsville, AL 35899 or email to
eh at uah.edu. Review of application materials will begin as soon as possible
and materials will be accepted until the position is filled. Information
about the Department, the University, and Huntsville can be found at
http://www.uah.edu/ahs/departments/english

*The University of Alabama in Huntsville is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer of minorities/ females/ veterans/ disabled.*

*Please refer to log number: 21/22-372*