[ATTW-L] Tech Comm Professionally-Oriented Curriculum Design - Dissertation Request Call for Survey Participants

Blick, Andrew Andrew.Blick at ttu.edu
Mon Jun 28 14:08:42 UTC 2021

Greetings, my name is Andrew Blick, I am a doctoral student in the Technical Communication and Rhetoric program at Texas Tech University. I am conducting research on technical communication academic curriculum design and looking at transfer of learning into the workplace, specifically as it pertains to technical communication programs that include professionally-oriented curricular components.

Linked below is a survey to help me better understand the curriculum of technical communication programs via questions designed for faculty and program directors to build an understanding of how programs are designed with specific curriculum elements and for alumni and students to better understand how students and alumni engage with these curricular elements.

Link to Survey: https://qtrial2019q3az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eVzK0ABGXoiuAOV

I would like to request that program directors and administrators consider disseminating this survey to their student and alumni networks to assist in building a richer data set for analysis.

The next phase of this research project will be to conduct focus groups to delve into specific curricular discussions. An opportunity to participate in focus groups is included at the conclusion of the survey.

Thank you for your time and consideration in helping with my dissertation research. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at Andrew.Blick at ttu.edu<mailto:Andrew.Blick at ttu.edu>.

Sincerely,
Andrew Blick
Andrew.Blick at ttu.edu<mailto:Andrew.Blick at ttu.edu>
Doctoral Student, Technical Communication and Rhetoric Texas Tech University

This study has been approved by TTU’s IRB (IRB2020-550).