[ATTW-L] Tenure-track Technical Communication position at University of Central Florida

sonias sonias at knights.ucf.edu
Mon Nov 29 22:04:15 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

We are hiring a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Technical Communication in the Department of English at the University of Central Florida. The full position description and application instructions are here: https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/501467/assistant-professor-technical-communication

The position entails a 3/2 teaching load of both face-to-face and online classes at the M.A. and B.A. levels, with the potential to teach in UCF’s interdisciplinary Texts and Technology Ph.D. program. In particular, the successful candidate will teach the foundations course in technical communication (ENC 3241), advanced courses in the technical communication track such as documentation and project management, collaborative writing, and client-based writing, and will have an opportunity to build on the program’s existing specializations and propose new courses in their areas of interest. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain a productive research program and to participate in service activities to support the department, college, and university. Applications received by January 6, 2022 will be ensured full consideration.

UCF is home to a growing and diverse student population of over 70,000 students, almost 2,000 faculty, and more than 4,700 staff. At UCF we are dedicated to access, and we are invested in identifying candidates who will contribute to our mission through equity-minded practice and culturally responsive pedagogy. UCF has been designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The Department of English, within the College of Arts and Humanities, offers B.A., M.A., and MFA degrees. The Technical Communication B.A. is offered in both face-to-face and online modalities, and the M.A. is offered fully online. For more information about the Department of English, please visit our website at https://english.cah.ucf.edu.

I am happy to answer any questions you might have at sonia.stephens at ucf.edu.

Best,
Sonia

Sonia Stephens
Associate Professor
Department of English & Texts and Technology Program
University of Central Florida
sonia.stephens at ucf.edu