[ATTW-L] #CFP: Special Issue of Rhetoric of Health and Medicine-- In Living Color: Amplifying Racial Justice Work in RHM

Kim H. O. okhensley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 20:46:18 UTC 2021

Hello,

We are thrilled to announce a Call for Proposals for an upcoming special
issue of the journal *Rhetoric of Health and Medicine* (*RHM*): *In Living
Color*: Amplifying Racial Justice Work in RHM,” edited by Kimberly Harper,
Veronica Joyner, Maria Novotny, and *RHM* co-editor Kim Hensley Owens. We
welcome action-oriented research projects defined by racial justice and
which include perspectives that amplify the experiences of BIPOC patients,
practitioners, and other stakeholders committed to addressing
intersectional injustices (e.g., environmental, reproductive,
socioeconomic, LGBTQ+, and disability).

We are also eager to receive submissions in other genres published by the
journal, such as (but not limited to) dialogues, commentaries, and
persuasion briefs, and interviews that clearly connect to racial justice
issues in medicine and health care and will help to advance *RHM*’s
scholarly and material contributions to racial justice.

We are happy to work with potential authors to help develop proposals and
answer questions. We invite inquiries from potential authors prior to the
proposal submission date. Email the editors at RHMinlivingcolor at gmail.com.

Please see the complete CFP here:
http://medicalrhetoric.com/cfp-in-living-color/.

Please email 500-word proposals (excluding citations) to
rhm.journal.editors at gmail.com by *November 1, 2021.*

Looking forward to reading your proposals,
*Kimberly, Veronica, Maria, and Kim*

* <http://harrington.uri.edu/undergraduate-program/writing-rhetoric/>*