[ATTW-L] Job Ad: Technical Communication in Latinx Studies at James Madison University

De Hertogh, Lori Beth - dehertlb dehertlb at jmu.edu
Thu Oct 7 16:12:33 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Please circulate the job ad below to anyone who may be interested. We're excited to welcome a new colleague to our vibrant, stand-alone writing department next year!

The School of Writing, Rhetoric & Technical Communication (www.jmu.edu/wrtc<http://www.jmu.edu/wrtc>) at James Madison University invites applications for a tenure-track position in technical communication at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 2022. We seek a colleague whose work advances Latinx Studies and advocates for justice-oriented approaches to professional and technical writing theory and practice.

This hire forms part of a multi-department cohort hire in Latinx studies in the College of Arts and Letters, the largest academic unit at JMU. Home to ten academic departments, several interdepartmental programs, and 269 full-time faculty, Arts and Letters is the intellectual home of humanities, social sciences, communication, and media programs at JMU. Our Latinx cohort hire will bring six and perhaps as many as seven new colleagues specializing in media, rhetoric, communication, creative writing, sociology, and romance languages. This cohort will join recent hires in Latinx US history, politics, and anthropology to build on already existing strengths across a variety of fields and intellectual areas. Harrisonburg is home to a vital Latinx community with whom JMU has a deep history of interconnection. This is an exciting time to join a collegewide effort to enhance research, teaching, and scholarship in this vital area of work.

For additional information on this position, please visit: https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/10287

--
Lori Beth De Hertogh, PhD (she/her)
Associate Professor

JMU resides on Manahoac, Tutelo, and Saponi homelands, the traditional custodians of the land on which we learn, work, and live.