[ATTW-L] Invitation to participate in thesis research

Robison, Alden alden.robison.295 at my.csun.edu
Fri Oct 29 19:29:12 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

My name is Alden Robison, and I am a master's student in rhetoric and
composition at California State University, Northridge. I’m conducting a
thesis project exploring possible relationships between writing center
services and the structure of institutions of higher education, and would
like to invite you to consider contributing to the project by disseminating
a call for participation to students and faculty at your institution.
Participants in the survey will provide insight regarding possible
connections between writing center work and the emergence of institutional
habits and values.

*What does the research involve?*
The study consists of two separate qualtrics surveys, one intended for
student participants (15 to 20 minutes) and the other for writing center
administrative staff (10 to 15 minutes).

*Who can participate? *
Any adult (age 18 or older) who has attended tutoring or used other writing
center services at any post-secondary institution in the U.S. within the
last 3 years can participate in the student survey.

For the administrator survey, participants must be age 18 or older and
currently employed as administrators at their institution’s writing center.

*How can you contribute? *
I am hoping to reach a wide pool of students, and would be grateful if you
were to contribute by circulating the attached invitation for participation
to students at your institution.

Additionally, if you are a writing center administrator yourself, you can
contribute by participating in the admin survey, which you can access here
<https://csun.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_869qVN02wbOyBQW>.

Thank you for your time, and for considering helping with my thesis
research. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to
me at Alden.Robison.295 at my.csun.edu

Sincerely,
Alden