[ATTW-L] #CFP Undergraduate Publication Opportunity

JMU RhetTech jmurhettech at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:53:38 UTC 2021

Apologies for cross-posting this if you have already received it.

Dear ATTW Community,

The RhetTech Editorial Board would like to invite undergraduate students in
your major or program to submit their work to the RhetTech journal. RhetTech
is James Madison University’s undergraduate journal for students in the
disciplines of writing, rhetoric, and/or technical communication. We
publish all types of media, including: text-based essays, videos, podcasts,
photo essays, reviews, websites, blogs, and more. We welcome work from all
undergraduate years. You can learn more about RhetTech and see recent
volumes here: http://www.jmu.edu/wrtc/students/undergraduate/rhet-tech.shtml
.

RhetTech is a great opportunity for students to publish their work in a
peer-reviewed journal, and we request that you pass this message on to your
students. Below is a small blurb that could be used. Thank you so much for
your help!

Sincerely,

 RhetTech Editors

Do you have a topic you’re passionate about? Do you have writing projects
you’re really proud of and want to find them a new home? If so, submit to
the undergraduate journal RhetTech! James Madison University’s  RhetTech
aims to highlight the work of undergraduate students in the disciplines of
writing, rhetoric, and/or technical communication. Regardless of where you
are in your undergraduate career, RhetTech is a great opportunity to see
your work published in a peer-reviewed journal.

We accept a variety of content including videos, podcasts, photo essays,
reviews, websites, blogs, text-based essays, and more. Submissions are
only accepted
during the fall semester of each academic year, and each new issue is
published near the end of the spring semester.

This year’s volume will include a special section that focuses on mental
health. We are aware that mental health is a broad topic; as such, writers
might take up the following issues but are not limited to them:

   -

   Stigma related to mental health/illnesses
   -

   Awareness of mental health issues, challenges, and treatment options
   -

   Coping strategies for mental health
   -

   Self-care and mental health
   -

   Rhetoric and/of mental health

Why submit?

   -

   Chance to be published in a peer-reviewed journal
   -

   Opportunity to start a dialogue with other students of rhetoric, writing
   and/or technical communication
   -

   National exposure and bragging rights
   -

   Feedback from a dedicated team of editors

Learn more and submit your work on the RhetTech website,
http://www.jmu.edu/wrtc/students/undergraduate/rhet-tech.shtml