[ATTW-L] UAH is Hiring a Lecturer in Business and Technical Communication

Ryan Weber rw0019 at uah.edu
Mon Apr 4 15:51:13 UTC 2022

UAH is hiring a Lecturer in English with an emphasis in business and
technical communication. Please see the job ad below for more information.
You can also visit https://www.uah.edu/hr/careers/faculty-careers.

Announcement of Lecturer Position in English

The University of Alabama in Huntsville

Full-Time Lecturer in English: The Department of English at the University
of Alabama in Huntsville invites applications for a full-time lecturer
appointment in English beginning August 2022. Preference will be given to
candidates with a Ph.D. in English with an emphasis in Business and
Technical Writing. Candidates must demonstrate commitment to, and
excellence in, undergraduate teaching as informed by current practices and
scholarship in the field. The salary is commensurate with experience. Women
and minorities are encouraged to apply.

About the University: The University of Alabama in Huntsville, classified
as a High Research Activity institution, offers academic and research
programs in the Colleges of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences;
Business; Education; Engineering; Nursing; Professional Studies; and
Science.  Huntsville maintains one of the highest per capita incomes and
standards of living in the Southeast.  It is a national center of aerospace
and high technology research and is home to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight
Center. Huntsville and surrounding communities present many opportunities
for healthcare research and professional practice.

About the College: The College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences at
the University of Alabama in Huntsville comprises 9 departments and 84
full-time faculty. We offer a wide array of programs in the arts,
humanities, and social sciences including 21 B.A. programs, five M.A.
programs, and eight certificate programs. The college has also led the way
in creating several interdisciplinary minors, such as Women’s and Gender
Studies, Justice and Equity Studies, Global Studies, and Game Design and
Development. Our class sizes are relatively small and our collegial faculty
are committed to our students’ successes.

About the Department: The English Department at UAH is comprised of faculty
committed to the promotion of literacies and the cultivation of scholarly
and professional competencies in critical thinking and persuasive writing
across a wide spectrum of literary, technical, and rhetorical situations.
We foster intellectual and cultural diversity, originality of thought, and
clarity and cogency of expression through degree programs designed to
advance careful, sophisticated reading practices as well as complex
analytical and research skills. We aim to cultivate our students’
management, organization, and production of knowledge.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 15, 2022 or until the position is filled.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE:  We seek candidates who value inclusiveness and
diversity and who will support our commitment to equity. To this end,
please submit the following 1.) a 1-page statement of past or future
contributions to equity, inclusivity, and diversity in research, teaching,
and/or service. You may draw upon your personal as well as professional
experience in developing this statement, 2.) a letter of application, 3.) a
C.V. and 3 letters of reference, 4.) a teaching philosophy.

Applications should be sent to the English Search Committee Chair at
english at uah.edu or, if preferred, you can apply using Interfolio by
clicking on the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/104737. Review
of application materials will begin as soon as possible and materials will
be accepted until the position is filled. Information about the Department,
the University, and Huntsville can be found at
http://www.uah.edu/ahs/departments/english.

*The University of Alabama in Huntsville is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer of minorities/ females/ veterans/ disabled.*

*UAH mandates that all employees maintain compliance with current federal
regulations.*

*Please refer to log number: 22/23-382*