[ATTW-L] Hiring Visiting Assistant Professors of Instruction at University of South Florida

Mark Leahy markleahy at usf.edu
Mon Apr 25 15:39:14 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

The English Department at USF is hiring multiple Visiting Assistant Professors of Instruction for the fall, focusing on teaching in our technical and professional writing service courses and our first-year composition program. These are 4/4 positions renewable for up to 3 years. If you know anyone on the market, please pass along our information:

======
Job ID: 30493
Department: English/0-1223-000
College/Division: College of Arts & Sciences
Salary Plan: Faculty
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $45,000

DUTIES:
The Department of English at the University of South Florida seeks to hire multiple 9-month, full-time, non- tenure earning Visiting Assistant Professor of Instruction positions to start August 7, 2022. These visiting positions are for the 2022-2023 academic year with possible extension for a second and/or third year. Teaching load is 4/4 with primary teaching responsibilities in Professional and Technical Communication and First Year Composition with a possibility to teach Introduction to Literature courses. Courses are capped at 19 students. Salary is $45,000 with first class benefit package available.

QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
Minimum Qualifications:
Ph.D. or related terminal degree in an English studies discipline (e.g., Literature, Rhetoric and Composition, Creative Writing) from an accredited institution by start date, minimum two years’ experience teaching writing at the post-secondary level. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor of Instruction.

Preferred Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition, Technical and Professional Communication or related fields from accredited institution by start date; experience teaching Technical and Professional Communication at the post-secondary level. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor of Instruction.

USF Tampa

Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.

======

Best,
Mark

Mark H. Leahy (he/him)
Professor of Instruction
Associate Director, First-Year Composition
Department of English
University of South Florida