[ATTW-L] Phishing Email

Jones, Natasha jonesn30 at msu.edu
Tue Dec 27 23:31:46 UTC 2022

Hi Everyone,

We were made aware of a phishing email that appears to come from me and has a subject line about ATTW Expenses. Please be aware of this scam and do not reply or engage!

The email address that the scam is being sent from is a086325e at virginmedia.com<mailto:a086325e at virginmedia.com>, though my name is listed as the owner of the email account. I am not affiliated with this account and ATTW will never ask you to send money (especially not via Zelle, CashApp, or Paypal).

Again, please label any messages you receive asking for money or about "ATTW Expenses" as spam and do not engage or reply.

Wishing y'all a peaceful winter break!

Best,

Natasha

​

_______________________________

Natasha N. Jones, PhD

Associate Professor in Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures

Michigan State University

President, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)

Pronouns: she/her/hers (more information about why pronouns matter<https://lgbt.ucsf.edu/pronounsmatter>)

Mailing Address:

College of Arts and Letters

Michigan State University

434 Farm Lane. Bessey Hall #289

East Lansing, MI 48824

Availability Note: As an academic, I recognize that sometimes it's hard to prevent work from encroaching into other areas of our lives. However, in an effort to protect my personal space, physical wellness, and intellectual energy, I am not always immediately able or available to respond to emails. My response, at times, will be delayed. As a rule, I am typically away from my email after 9pm Monday through Friday and on weekends. Please note that emails sent outside of these times may not immediately be addressed.

Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg-Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The university resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.