[ATTW-L] New Book

Ehren Pflugfelder ehren.pflugfelder at oregonstate.edu
Wed Dec 14 20:03:07 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

It always feels odd to self-promote, but my new book, *Geoengineering,
Persuasion and the Climate Crisis: A Geologic Rhetoric*, is now available
now through The University of Alabama Press. The book concerns the
frequently deceptive practices of geoengineering discourse and explores
these potentially world-altering activities through a geologic-oriented
rhetorical theory. I think most of the journals in technical communication
and rhetoric will have a copy available for review, but if you want to
review it for a journal that doesn’t have a copy, I’ll do my best to get
you one. Thanks!

“Geoengineering, Persuasion, and the Climate Crisis: A Geologic Rhetoric is
the first book in rhetorical studies on the controversial topic of
geoengineering. More importantly, the concept of geologic rhetoric it
develops is the best discussion of rhetorical theory and the problematics
of climate change that I have seen, and it provides an exciting new
direction in rhetoric of science and the environment. It is carefully
researched and theorized, but it is also very readable and engaging.”
—Carl G. Herndl, coeditor of Green Culture: Environmental Rhetoric in
Contemporary America

--
Ehren Helmut Pflugfelder (he/him/his)
Associate Professor of Scientific, Technical, and Professional Writing