[ATTW-L] social justice in technical editing texts?

Stephen Bernhardt sab at udel.edu
Thu Feb 3 14:17:02 UTC 2022

Thanks, ryan.

In the biopharm world, we encourage writers (both professional writers and
professionals who write) to be forthcoming about the issues that arise
during drug development, to be candid about areas of uncertainty, to
disrupt inherited but non-productive work practices, and to carefully
consider the traditionally neglected patient populations. I like the
subversive thread here, as I think change in organizations often arises
from below through guerilla tactics. Drug development traditionally favors
developed countries, caucasian and Asian populations, and profitable
mega-companies.

Steve Bernhardt
Bayside DE